Aller au contenu

Windows XP et VIZ4

PedroAroso

Messages recommandés

J'ai trouvé cette message:

"I am infuriated by this. I can't tell you how aggravated I am with Microsoft. Has anyone figured out exactly which WinXP update did the damage? I reinstalled XP last night and spent most of my evening and all of this morning reinstalling my programs (have to reauth VIZ4 once again ...sigh) only to find out that one of the updates I did for XP has reinstalled the problem. I know Autodesk doesn't officially support VIZ4 on XP but there really should be an effort to warn people about this".

On peut concluire qu'il y a aussi des problemes de compatibilté entre le XP e le VIZ4.

Pedro Aroso

FYI - As many of you are already aware, the scope of the MAX and DRF file corruption issue has expanded and now affects operating systems other than Windows 2000. We are working to update our existing solution on this topic, TS81105, with the latest available information. In the mean time, here is a draft of the revised content of this solution:

Autodesk has confirmed that Microsoft Hotfix 823980, which is contained in the Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, causes the corruption of MAX and DRF files resulting in the inability to open MAX or DRF files that were saved after either of these Microsoft Windows Updates had been installed. The following Autodesk products are affected by this issue:

Autodesk® Architectural Desktop 2004

Autodesk® Building Systems 2004

Autodesk® VIZ 4

3D Studio VIZ® R3i

3D Studio VIZ® R3

The following operating system configurations will experience MAX and DRF file corruption:

Windows 2000 Service Pack 4

Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 or lower + Microsoft Hotfix 823980

Windows XP Professional + Microsoft Hotfix 823980

Windows XP Home Edition + Microsoft Hotfix 823980

Windows NT 4.0 + Microsoft Hotfix 823980

Autodesk is working with Microsoft to identify a resolution for this issue. Until a resolution is identified, Autodesk recommends the following temporary instructions to return affected systems to normal operation.

Temporary Instructions for Microsoft Windows Hotfix 823980 Configurations

If you have installed the Microsoft Windows Hotfix 823980, Autodesk recommends that you uninstall this Hotfix, which will allow existing or recently saved/corrupted MAX and DRF files to be opened without any errors.

To determine if you have installed the Microsoft Windows Hotfix 823980, access your Add/Remove Programs dialog box from the Windows Control Panel. If this Hotfix has been installed, there will be an entry with a title similar to "Windows Hotfix 823980". To uninstall this Hotfix, select the "Windows Hotfix 823980" entry and click Remove.

NOTE: It is highly recommended that you back-up any critical data before uninstalling Microsoft Windows Hotfix 823980.

IMPORTANT: In all cases, you should disable automatic windows updates through WinUpdate to eliminate the possibility of inadvertently reinstalling the Microsoft Windows Hotfix 823980 before the new Microsoft Windows Hotfix becomes available.

Temporary Instructions for Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 Configurations

Method #1

1. Uninstall the Windows 2000 Service Pack 4.

2. Use the Merge command, located on the File menu, to retrieve data from the corrupted MAX or DRF files and then save the files.

NOTE: If you have Render Effects or Atmospherics in your MAX or DRF file, use the Merge button in the respective dialog boxes.

IMPORTANT: Some data may be lost if you use this method to work around this issue and Autodesk recommends that you retain original copies of any corrupted MAX or DRF files until a final resolution to this issue is identified.

Method #2

1. Uninstall the Windows 2000 Service Pack 4.

2. Open the corrupted MAX or DRF files from a Windows XP system that does not have the Microsoft Windows Hotfix 823980 installed.

3. Save the files and return the files to the system on which the Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 has been uninstalled.

NOTE: It is highly recommended that you back-up any critical data before uninstalling the Windows 2000 Service Pack 4.

As soon as a fix is available, we will update TS81105 to include details on the final resolution.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Professional Services

Pedro Aroso